National Aviation College was established in a bid to provide world class trainings in cargo operation, dangerous goods regulation, aviation maneuver, and travel & tourism hospitality. The college profoundly aims to train strong work force that is well grounded in professionalism and skills. National Aviation College, which is established by intellectuals and investors who were encouraged by the economic policy of the Ethiopian government which created conducive environment for investment, strives to appear as a key player in the sector.
National Aviation College is also an authorized training center for International Air Transport Association (IATA). In collaboration with IATA, which is based in Montreal/Canada, the college delivers world class trainings in aviation, cargo operation and travel and tourism. Moreover, the college is a renowned partner of Institute of Commercial Management (ICM). The Institute of Commercial Management (ICM), which is based in Hampshire/England, is a genuinely prominent examining and rewarding institute in the globe for the hospitality training and certification.
Finally, it is worth to highlight that National Aviation College is one of the few remarkably reputable higher education institutions in Ethiopia known for its determination to improve quality of education in all possible domains of influence. Since its establishment, the College has been doing its level best to boost the quality of education and produce highly qualified professionals who are well-equipped to make difference in all sectors they join. The College also has unswerving willpower to respond to the prevailing demands in the industry globally. Besides, National Aviation College has time-honored ambition to make quality education its distinctive and exclusive brand.
National Aviation College strives to be an institution known for its distinctive strengths of integrity, flexibility, creativity, responsiveness, and risk – taking along with its commitment to work for the common goods of its society. Its education and training approach is tailored to meet new and emerging regional, national, and international expectations for higher learning.
National Aviation College is truly committed to deliver quality world class education along with fully involving itself in research and community service, professional and academic training, and consultancy services of all form by:
- Attracting the best faculty at all levels;
- Nurturing intellectual capital in terms of students and ensuring that they become an asset to their nation in particular and the world in general;
- Building world class material infrastructure in terms of development in laboratories, equipments and facilities (such as digital library, text books and other latest teaching and learning aids);
- Creating the future expert and efficient manpower to serve the various government as well as nongovernment organizations in the industry and to make them all rounded successful individuals and responsible citizens;
- Exporting the services of education and earn foreign currency to Ethiopia from Common Markets for Eastern and Southern Africa (COMESA) and other Countries by attracting foreign students from the globe in general and the continent of Africa in particular
- Intellectual, professional and personal growth of students, faculty and staff
- Excellence in teaching, training, research and consultancy
- Climate of mutual respect and collaboration
- Interactive and adaptive relationship with the community
- Open access to equal and quality educational opportunities
- Life time & borderless learning
- Promoting cultural diversity and human dignity
- Continuous improvement of programs and administrative systems
- Health, wellness, and safety within and outside the college
- Effectiveness and efficiency in the use of resources; and
- Personal and institutional accountability